Productivity-Max (P-Max)Apply for Grant
P-Max is a Place-and-Train Programme that aims to:
- Help SMEs to better recruit, train, manage and retain their newly-hired PMETs
- Encourage the adoption of progressive human resource practices within SMEs
- Help to place job-seeking PMETs into suitable SME jobs.
Depending on SMEs’ needs, SMEs can choose to embark on three different P-Max options:
|SME Needs||P-Max Options|
|SME hiring PMETs||P-Max|
|SME hiring PMETs, older workers who are Singapore Citizen age 50 years & above||P-Max for Older Workers|
|Non-hiring SMEs||P-Max Lite|
- Support participating SMEs on adopting progressive HR practices and enhance corporate image amongst prospective job-seekers;
- Participating PMEs will be equipped with some professionally designed materials and templates as guide on self-discovery of unique strengths, performance assessment, harmonizing workplace relations with superiors and colleagues, budget management and leadership etc;
- Workshops are facilitated and delivered by experienced and reputable trainers who are evaluated and approved by WDA; and
- Retain Talents.
P-Max and P-Max for Older Workers
Hiring SMEs can seek assistance from PMs to help screen and refer suitable job-seeking PMETs for their job vacancies under the Programme.
Participating SMEs can also enjoy up to 90% course fee subsidy for PMET, SME training workshops and Age Management workshop (applicable for P-Max for Older Worker only), while eligible SMEs will receive a one-time $5,000 Assistance Grant or $10,000 Assistance Grant (P-Max for Older Workers only) upon completion of the Programme and six month retention of the newly hired PMET(s).
Non-hiring SMEs can enjoy up to 90% course fee subsidy for the SME training workshop under P-Max Lite. This programme targets non-hiring supervisors in SMEs who are keen to learn progressive HR practices to better manage their existing staff. Course fee funding will be provided for non-hiring SME supervisors to attend the SME workshop which will cover progressive HR-related topics, such as goal setting and performance management tools and an introdution to an HR toolkit. SMEs under P-Max Lite will not be eligible for the assistance grant.
 Only Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident are eligible for the course fee subsidy.
 Please note that the Assistance Grant is capped at $5,000 or $10,000 (for SMEs under P-Max for Older Worker) regardless of the number of PMETs hired & retained under P-Max. Companies who previously have received $5,000 P-Max grant will only be eligible for additional $5,000 under P-Max for Older Workers
SMEs need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Annual sales turnover of not more than $100 million or employment size not exceeding 200 employees;
- At least 30% local shareholding;
- Offer PMET job vacancies available and/or hired a PMET within the last three months prior to enrolment into programme with a gross monthly salary of at least $2,500.
PMETs need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Possess educational qualifications that are Diploma or higher, and/or is employed or have prior work experience in a Professional, Managerial, Executive, Technician (PMET) position;
- Have graduated or completed National Service for a minimum period of 12 month;
- Be a Singapore Citizen, age 50 and above who is keen to pursue a full-time career in an SME for P-Max for older workers
Agency: Workforce Singapore – per link attached
Download Our Free Infographic
Other Grants You Might Be Interested In
Place-and -Train Programme that aims to help SMEs and support a one off grant of $5,000 and another $5,000 (for new worker above 50 years old).Learn More
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)
Up to 80% subsidy to help companies for strategic brand & marketing development, tapping on automation & technologies, R&D and overseas marketing presence.Learn More
Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG)
Up to 80% subsidy for pre-approved solutions to support companies keen on adopting IT solutions and equipment to enhance business processes.Learn More
Market Readiness Awareness (MRA)
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) will receive an international boost with the Market Readiness Assistance (MRA) grant of up to $100,000 to help take your business overseas.Learn More