Professional Conversion Programmes (PCPs)Apply for Grant
Professional Conversion Programmes (PCPs) are career conversion programmes for mid-career PMETs (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians), to undergo skills conversion and move into new occupations or sectors that have good prospects and opportunities for progression. WSG offers about 100 PCPs to support PMETs in career conversion. Through PCPs’ industry-recognised training, companies will gain a wider pool of candidates to consider when hiring.
There are 3 modes of PCPs:
- Place-and-Train: PMET is hired by a participating employer before undergoing training to take on a new job role.
- Attach-and -Train: PMET is provided with training and work attachments, prior to job placement, through industry partners in growth sectors with good future job opportunities
- Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling: Targeted at companies that are undergoing business transformation, and where their existing PMET workers are at risk of redundancy or in vulnerable jobs due to the transformation. These PMETs will be provided with training to take on new job roles or redesigned job roles within the same company.
As announced by DPM Heng on 17 Aug 2020, the Jobs Growth Incentive (“JGI”) was introduced to support companies to hire more Singaporeans and provide more good jobs amidst the current labour market. Further enhancements to JGI support was announced by DPM Heng during Budget 2021 on 16 Feb 2021, as follows:
a. Under the JGI, the Government will co-pay up to 25% of salaries of all new local hires between Sep 2020 (where the JGI will take effect) to Sep 2021 for one year, subject to a cap.
b. For those aged 40 and above, the co-payment to employers will be up to 50% for 18 months.
As the JGI will also apply to jobseekers undergoing reskilling through PCPs, WSG has made temporary funding adjustments during the duration of the JGI to ensure our jobseekers continue to receive the necessary support they need to be placed into new opportunities in growth sectors.
Companies can tap on Government funding through course fee grants and salary support when training eligible PMETs under PCPs.
- Business to benefit immensely from expanding overseas with strategic moves
- Defray hefty costs and soften the blow to Company’s bottom line
- Give businesses greater room for growth and reach out to a larger target audience to introduce Company’s product or service
|Funding By WSG||Course Fee||Salary Support|
|Standard Rate||Approved WSQ course at 70%
course fee funding, capped at $6.000
per eligible PCP trainee
|Up to 70% of trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $4.000 per month|
|Enhanced Rate*||Approved WSQ course at 90%
course fee funding, ( 20% top-up will be processed though Skills Connect)
|Up to 90% of trainee’s monthly salary, capped at $6.000 per month|
*Course Fee: For Singapore Citizen/ Permanent Resident trainees sponsored by SMEs and/or mature Singapore Citizen trainees 40 years old and above
Salary Support: For Singapore Citizen who are unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more and/or those who are 40 years old and above in the year of commencement of the PCP.
Interested PMETs and Companies will need to meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service for at least 2 years
- New job role trained for under the PCP should be substantially different from previous job role(s), hence requiring reskilling for career conversion
Beyond the general eligibility criteria for PMETs, there may be other course-specific entry criteria and employer-specific shortlisting process may apply for different PCPs. In general, individuals applying for PCPs should also not be shareholders, immediate ex-employees of company or related entities, or be related to shareholders of the hiring company.
Place-and-Train / Redeployment / Job Redesign (JR) Reskilling:
The participating company must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Must be able to offer employment directly related to the job which the PCP if for, with remuneration that is commensurate with the market rate
- Commit to the PCP training arrangements for the PMETs that they have selected
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programmes.
- For applications for redeployment/JR Reskilling PCPs, companies are required to submit details of their business transformation plan for evaluation by the appointed programme partners.
Hosting employers will need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Offer attachment positions directly related to identified Attach-and-Train PCP job occupations
- Commit to Attach-and-Train PCP training arrangements
- Be committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on programme administrative requirements
Agency: Workforce Singapore – per link attached
Download Our Free Infographic
Other Grants You Might Be Interested In
Place-and -Train Programme that aims to help SMEs and support a one off grant of $5,000 and another $5,000 (for new worker above 50 years old).Learn More
Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG)
Up to 80% subsidy for pre-approved solutions to support companies keen on adopting IT solutions and equipment to enhance business processes.Learn More
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)
Up to 80% subsidy to help companies for strategic brand & marketing development, tapping on automation & technologies, R&D and overseas marketing presence.Learn More
Market Readiness Awareness (MRA)
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) will receive an international boost with the Market Readiness Assistance (MRA) grant of up to $100,000 to help take your business overseas.Learn More