P-Max is a Place-and-Train Programme for Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) which aims to:
Help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to better recruit, train, manage and retain their newly-hired PMETs.
Enable SMEs to establish better communication channels between supervisors and staff and to adopt progressive HR practices (e.g. goals setting, performance management).
Help newly-hired PMETs to better acclimatise to the new SME work environment and to encourage better staff retention in SMEs.
With up to 90% funding support from WSG, SMEs are only required to pay the 10% nett fee portion of the respective SME and PME workshop course fees.
SMEs who successfully complete the six-month follow-up aimed at strengthening HR practices and retain their newly-hired PME employee(s), will also be eligible for a one-off S$5,000 Assistance Grant.
SMEs need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Annual sales turnover of not more than $100 million or employment size not exceeding 200 employees;
- At least 30% local shareholding;
- Offer PMET job vacancies available and/or hired a PMET within the last three months prior to enrolment into programme with a gross monthly salary of at least $2,500.
PMETs need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Possess educational qualifications that are Diploma or higher, and/or is employed or have prior work experience in a Professional, Managerial, Executive, Technician (PMET) position;
- Have graduated or completed National Service for a minimum period of 12 month.
- Support participating SMEs on adopting progressive HR practices and enhance corporate image amongst prospective job-seekers;
- ASME provides 6-month follow-up consultancy to help the SME Supervisors and PMEs to align the performance expectation with career goals/ aspirations, thereby setting objective KPIs;
- Participating SMEs which successfully retain their PMEs for 6 months or beyond shall be entitled to a one-off S$5,000 assistance grant;
- Participating PMEs will be equipped with some professionally designed materials and templates as guide on self-discovery of unique strengths, performance assessment, harmonizing workplace relations with superiors and colleagues, budget management and leadership etc;
- Workshops are facilitated and delivered by experienced and reputable trainers who are evaluated and approved by WDA; and
- Retain Talents.